We all have those days from time to time when we’re super bored in class and just cannot focus.
I should obviously start by telling you that you should try your best to focus on what the teacher has to say. However, if that’s not going to happen, then it’s best that you don’t bother anyone else in the class.
I’ve listed some fun things that you can do quietly that won’t disturb other students or annoy your teacher to help you get through the day.
What To Do When Bored In Class
Feeling bored in class can be frustrating, but there are many fun and productive activities you can do to stay engaged and make the most of your time. Here are some ideas and things to do when bored in class.
Positive Things To Do When Bored In Class
Feeling bored in class can be frustrating, but there are many fun and productive activities you can do to stay engaged and make the most of your time. Here are some ideas:
- Determine why you have difficulty focusing and get bored easily and make a resolution.
- Take advantage of boredom to reflect.
- Create a study plan.
- Write down some goals you’d like to accomplish by the end of the year.
- Sharpen your pencils.
- Make a daily journal or diary entry about your day.
- Write a poem.
- Use different languages you know to take notes.
- Turn your class notes into an illustration.
- Complete homework from an earlier lesson.
- Make an after-school to-do list.
- Make plans for the weekend.
- Observe the world around you and find things to be grateful for.
- If you have recently read a book, write about a character you like.
- Engage in deep breathing and meditation techniques.
- Get rid of the clutter in your backpack.
- Practice improving your handwriting.
- Plan your day or make a to-do list.
- Write a campaign slogan as if you were running for president.
- Take a few minutes to stretch your arms and legs.
- Make a bucket list of things you want to accomplish before you die.
- Write a gratitude list.
- Read a book, magazine, or comic book secretly.
- Keep track of your deadlines.
- Write a short story.
- Sit next to an enthusiastic classmate. It might rub off on you.
- Suck on some candy in class. The sugar might wake you up for a short while.
- Read the material in your textbook for the class lesson if your teacher is too slow or boring.
- Try to answer these trivia questions.
- Think of a gift you can buy for a person who has a birthday coming up.
Entertaining Things To Do When Bored In Class
Here are some fun things you can do during those boring days in class.
- Sketch someone in your class.
- Write words using your calculator.
- Come up with a tasty new school lunch idea.
- Create a secret code.
- Invent a new emoji.
- Write your name in different fonts.
- Bang your head against the desk. Just kidding – however, according to a study by Gallup in 2004, half the students described themselves as bored during class, suggesting that a significant number of teenagers consider hitting their heads against their desks on a daily basis as a means of coping during class.
- Keep sharpening your pencil until it’s gone.
- Take pieces of paper and make paper airplanes and try to get them to the other side.
- Make a comic strip featuring your friends.
- Plan your best birthday party.
- Decide what you’ll use for ‘Anything But a Backpack Day.’
- Remember your favorite recipe by writing it down.
- Use a pen to decorate your non-dominant hand.
- Practice or create a signature for yourself.
- Take a bathroom break.
- Use your non-dominant hand to write.
- Check your pulse.
- Answer any questions in a creepy voice and explain that you have a sore throat.
- Make a karaoke song list.
- Make origami animals.
- Choose a favorite song and write out the lyrics.
- Make a wishlist.
- Think of your favorite high school life hack to share with your friends.
- Put a sticky note at the bottom of the desk so that someone will find it next class period.
- If you’re allowed to, you can play on a computer or tablet.
- Sip on a cold beverage.
- Take a deep breath and see how long you can hold it without passing out.
- If you’re on your computer, do some research.
- Check your email.
- Try to draw a perfect circle.
- Teach yourself calligraphy.
- Write a message using only emojis.
- Twirl your hair around your pencil.
- Play tic tac toe with yourself.
- Take a pencil and spin it over your thumb.
Here’s another fun pencil trick for when you’re bored in class:
🤓 You might like to know Is It Illegal For Teachers To Take Your Phone?
What To Do When Bored At School
School can sometimes feel tedious and boring, but there are plenty of ways to keep yourself entertained and engaged. From creative activities to productive tasks, here are some ideas for what to do when you’re feeling bored during the school day.
- Make a vision board.
- Plan your next adventure by making a list of ideas.
- Read up on current events and find some local activities that you might like to join.
- Write in your journal.
- Send a mental message to someone.
- Come up with a school group team name.
- Instead of taking notes, doodle in a notebook.
- Adult coloring books are great for bored students.
- Think up some pros and cons of homework.
- Make a poster.
- Grab a cup of coffee.
- Write a letter to your future self.
- Write a letter to your crush. Here are some cute names to call your crush!
- Ponder what percentage of high school relationships actually last.
- Read a smaller book covered with your textbook.
- Write a Haiku.
- Check out your star sign personality traits.
- Solve a puzzle.
- Pass notes the old-fashioned way.
- Plan some fun things to do with your friends and places you’d like to hang out.
- Check out something interesting to read.
- Listen to an interesting podcast. There are several great podcasts on personal growth that could be helpful.
- Decide on a new hobby you’d like to start and who you’d like to join you.
- Sing softly without being heard by others.
- Try out some creative writing.
- Stare blankly in an empty space.
- Plan a daring escape.
- Imagine yourself as a spy and write down all the information you’ve gained.
- Find out at what age you can drop out of high school.
- Text your friends secretly.
- Talk to the person next to you without getting in trouble.
- Complete a crossword puzzle.
- If you won $1 million, what would you do with the money? Write down everything you would do with it.
- Think of the possibility of having psychic powers and the ability to read people’s minds. Write down the thoughts of every single person in the room.
- Make a list of your favorite songs.
- Come up with things to do when you’re bored at home.
- Imagine what the classroom might look like in the future.
- Write down a list of your favorite foods and the reason why you like them.
- Think up excuses not to go to school.
- Think of jobs you could do (like babysitting or yard work) and what you’d do with the money you earn.
- Play video games between classes. Games like Solitaire and Minesweeper are perfect quick games to play in your free time in school. They’re easy to learn, fun to play, not too difficult, and relaxing.
📢 For more games to play on the computer, you can check out Games To Play When Bored In Class.
Watch the video below with some cool ideas of fun things to do while bored in class:
Why do I get so bored in school?
It is common for people to find school or particular classes boring from time to time.
There are several reasons why you may get bored in school.
Reasons could include any of the following:
- A lack of challenge or stimulation.
- Feeling disengaged from the material.
- Having difficulty understanding the subject.
- Having an unengaging teacher.
- Being in a distracting environment.
Sometimes gifted students might be bored as they have a higher level of knowledge than other students in their class.
It’s important to identify the underlying cause to address the issue and find ways to stay engaged and interested in your studies.
How do you survive a boring class?
Being present depends entirely on you. The choice you make can make a huge difference even if you are taking a boring or dreadful class. By paying attention in different ways, such as engaging in a little distraction to liven up your mood, multitasking, or intense concentration, you can easily overcome boredom in class without getting in trouble.
Here are some tips to survive a boring class:
- Take notes and actively listen to the instructor.
- Try to engage with the material by asking questions or participating in class discussions.
- Doodle or draw to help you focus and stay awake.
- Use your phone or computer for productive activities, such as taking notes or researching the topic.
- Take a quick break to stretch or walk around to refocus your mind.
- Create a game or challenge for yourself, such as trying to recall every word the instructor says that starts with a specific letter.
- Find a study partner or group to stay accountable and engaged.
- Focus on the long-term benefits of the class and how it can contribute to your academic and personal goals.
🤓 You might also enjoy reading: How To Use ChatGPT Ethically As A Learning Tool For Students
How can I entertain myself at school?
It might help to focus on something other than the lecture happening in front of you at school in order to keep yourself awake. Though it should be noted that it is essential that you pay attention well enough to be able to tune in if necessary, such as when the teacher calls on you.
Nevertheless, there are ways to keep yourself entertained without making it obvious. You should make sure that you carry out these activities safely and without causing a disturbance to the whole class. The purpose of these activities is to keep you awake while appearing like you are engaged in class.