Your 19th birthday may seem less exciting than your 18th or 21st birthday (depending on where you live), however, it is your last year as a teenager, and should definitely be celebrated.
You may be living away from home, might not have the budget, or are just not in the mood for a big party. If this is the case there are still many ways in which you can celebrate.
Have a look at these 19th birthday ideas that you can use to celebrate your birthday with friends, as well as a list of activities to do on your own and spoil yourself.
Whichever you choose, you’re sure to have a memorable 19th birthday.
- Things To Do On Your 19th Birthday
- 19th Birthday Party Ideas
- 19th Birthday Theme Ideas
- 19th Birthday Decoration Ideas
- 19th Birthday Photoshoot Ideas
- Sunset Birthday photoshoot
- Birthday Balloons In Bed
- Fancy robe and Balloons Photoshoot
- A Group Shoot With Your Friends
- Vintage Birthday Photoshoot
- Outdoor Picnic Photoshoot
- Bike and Flowers Photoshoot
- A Dressy Shoot Outdoors
- Beach Photoshoot
- Street Photoshoot
- On-the-road Photoshoot
- Photos By the River in the Woods
- In-studio Photo Shoot
- At-home Bathroom Photoshoot
- 19th Birthday Cake Ideas
- 19th Birthday Gift Ideas
Things To Do On Your 19th Birthday
You’ll find several fun activities to do on your 19th birthday even if you don’t feel like having a party. Whether you want to hook up with friends or go solo, there are many things you can do to celebrate and make it a day to remember.
Things To Do On Your 19th Birthday With Friends
- Go to the beach.
- Visit the amusement park.
- Plan a go-karting experience with your friends.
- Go to a skating rink.
- Go to the arcade.
- Go to the trampoline park.
- Go to a concert out of town.
- Go on a cruise.
- Go to a resort and stay for a few days.
- Take a pottery class.
- Take a cocktail-making class.
- Organize a birthday picnic at the park.
- Make your own pizza at home.
- Plan a cook-off session or try new recipes with your friends.
- Have a spa date together.
- Play tourist in your city.
- Have a movie marathon at home.
- Get creative and decorate your sneakers.
- Make homemade candles or bath bombs.
- Go on a nature walk or hiking trip with friends.
- Take a camping trip out of town.
- Take a road trip.
- Watch the sunrise or the sunset.
- Cozy up, drink tea, and eat cake.
- Go for high tea at a luxury hotel in your city.
- A weekend getaway to your favorite hotel.
- Take a trip to a new city with your friends.
- Visit the aquarium.
- Visit an art gallery.
- Attend a fashion show.
- Vlog your entire day and save the video.
- Book a wine tasting session.
- Take a drawing class.
- Create a video together and save it to watch on your next birthday.
- Learn how to make candles and create a signature one for the group.
- Learn how to weave baskets and create one as a group.
- Visit a botanical garden.
- Spend the day gaming with friends.
- Attend a concert out of town.
- Buy tickets to a game you and your friends enjoy.
- Have a themed birthday photoshoot.
- Organize a creative crafting session with friends and family.
- Host a game night with your friends.
- Make a paper flower wall and take pictures.
- Buy supplies for making jewelry and create unique designs with your friends.
- Create a photo collage with photos of your best memories together.
- Write a song together and perform it.
- Write a gratitude list with your friends.
- Visit a theme park and enjoy the day there.
- Book tickets to a comedy show and bring your friends along.
- Attend a painting class and create paintings to take home.
- Go driving bumper cars.
- Go indoor downhill skiing.
- Play video games all day.
- Attend a play at the theater.
- Make a home movie playing the roles of your favorite movie characters.
- Make a video diary of your teenage years with your friends.
Things To Do On Your 19th Birthday By Yourself
- Spend the day at the mall shopping.
- Dress up and go on a solo dinner date.
- Go on a solo movie date.
- Try a new recipe at home.
- Visit your family that lives out of town.
- Do a spa day and enjoy a massage, sauna, etc.
- Get a manicure and a pedicure.
- Buy yourself a new phone.
- Buy decor items for your room.
- Buy a range of hair products.
- Build a skincare routine and buy the products you need.
- Buy yourself a new purse.
- Splurge on jewelry.
- Build a makeup kit for yourself.
- Take a makeup class.
- Learn how to make a mosaic tile mirror.
- Do a spa day at home.
- Take a bubble bath and drink wine.
- Buy yourself new clothes for a makeover.
- Go to the salon and get a new hairstyle.
- Order pizza and indulge.
- Buy yourself AirPods.
- Buy a designer perfume.
- Get a tattoo or a piercing.
- Take a yoga class.
- Make your own pizza at home.
- Read a classic book.
- Do a movie marathon in bed.
- Birthday photoshoot in bed.
- Take the day off from work and chill at home.
- Order in all meals of the day.
- Buy yourself flowers.
- Make breakfast and enjoy it in bed.
- Buy a new journal and start using it on your birthday.
- A weekend getaway to your favorite hotel.
- Visit a psychic and get your reading.
- Organize and redecorate your room.
- Create a photo book with the photos on your phone.
- Write yourself a letter to open on your next birthday.
- Start a birthday tradition and write it down.
- Buy plants and start a garden.
- Have a staycation to enjoy yourself.
- Get lost in a book store and buy a few books.
- Buy a houseplant and name it.
- Add a new crystal to your collection
- Commission a piece of custom artwork.
- Watch your favorite childhood movie.
- Adopt a cat or a puppy.
- Visit your grandparents.
- Visit an animal shelter and spend the day with animals.
- Visit a charity organization and spend the day there.
- Take a trip down memory lane, looking at old photos.
19th Birthday Party Ideas
If you decide to have a party then have a look at these birthday party ideas below. Remember to always include your favorite snacks, whether you are just hosting a movie night, spending time in nature, or organizing a party on the beach with friends.
19th Birthday Ideas For Girls
There are many birthday ideas to celebrate your 19th birthday in style. Include your favorite food to make your birthday special.
- Host a hotel party with your friends.
- Have a karaoke party evening.
- Host dinner party under the stars.
- Host a cake-decorating party with friends.
- Have a neon, glow-in-the-dark party.
- Have a fondue party where everyone can dip treats into chocolate and get creative.
- Host a pool party with the girls.
- Organize a dance party with select music playlists.
- Host a sleepover party.
- Plan an outdoor movie experience with projectors.
- Camp in the backyard and roast marshmallows.
- Plan a tie-dye party and create fun patterns on tees.
- Organize a photo scavenger hunt.
- Host a color-fight party for friends and family.
- Plan a beach party with the girls.
- Create a photo booth or photo backdrop and take lots of pictures.
- Have a pottery painting party. Buy plain pottery and paint; have your friends take their creations home.
- Have a cheese & wine party.
- Have a potluck party to have different food options for the party.
- Have a chocolate fountain at the party.
19th Birthday Ideas For Guys
Here’s my list of birthday activities for guys including a backyard birthday party, beach volleyball party, or a LAN party which is the perfect idea for guys. Choose your favorite birthday party idea and don’t forget to include some snack options and yummy food.
- Host a backyard barbeque.
- Have a LAN party – play video games and compete.
- Recreate the amazing race, and create routes and pit stops.
- Plan a beach volleyball party.
- Build a backyard bonfire and spend the night outside.
- Plan a paintball party for the boys.
- Plan a geocaching experience in the woods.
- Host a poker night or gaming tournament with the guys.
- Create an epic escape room at home.
- Plan a night out clubbing with the boys.
- Plan a sport-themed party – think dodgeball for an intense and energetic party.
- Organize a bowling party with the guys.
- Rent a food truck for your party.
- Host a mixology party and DIY all your drinks.
- Host an outdoor party with a variety of games and activities.
❤️ Suggested reading: Heart Touching Birthday Quotes For Son
19th Birthday Theme Ideas
If you choose to have a traditional party at home you might want to splash out and add a theme to make it more impactful. There are so many amazing themes to choose from. Have a look at some birthday theme ideas below that you could incorporate for your 19th birthday party.
Hawaiian Luau Party
Think about the tropics, where the beach is filled with palm trees and coconuts. Add the Hawaiian mocktails and decorate the venue with this in mind.
Vegas Casino Party
Rent card tables with slot machines and set them up for the birthday. Have fake dollar bills that guests can trade for casino chips. Stay on a theme by having the colors down to white, black, and red. For food, have soda, fish, nachos, and chips.
Light up the venue with posters of your favorite celebrities. Create a wall of fame with a spread of cookies and red-velvet cupcakes as snacks.
Stars and Moon
Decorate the venue with stars and moon-shaped balloons and decorate cookies and cupcakes with star and moon shapes. Use a shiny backdrop and light up the platform to match a night under the stars and moon. Silver and gold colors are ideal for this theme.
This theme reminisces the Mexican festival, with a dance floor, Mexican music, and Mexican food to wrap it all up.
Host your own murder mystery party. Purchase a game or create your own script for the mysterious murder. Have the party outfits match the roles, where suspects and sleuths can wear thriller costumes.
The Emoji Party
Decorate the venue with emoji-themed decor and incorporate the same in cupcakes, cookies, and other treats. Have emoji-themed cups and plates, and for extra spice, print emojis on t-shirts and have an emoji-filled backdrop for photos.
Lord of the Rings
Get inspired by the style Lord of the Rings brings with food, party decor, and games. Have a Shire tablescape, an aged barrel drink dispenser, and a chai tea table. Spice this up with a Lord of the Rings Desser table to complete the theme.
A masquerade party can be an interesting idea where it can be hard to tell who is who. It works perfectly for evening birthday parties. Guests can dress up in suits and dresses, complete with masquerade masks.
James Bond 007 Party
Have guests come in James Bond costumes and ask them to get creative with their looks. Find vintage movie posters and film stills for decorations and add water guns as centerpieces. Do not forget James Bond music to complete the theme.
Neon Lights Theme
Neon lights create a great vibe that makes for a fun theme. Bring the club to the party with UV or black lights, balloon lights, and enormous neon signs.
If you are looking for an elegant, flashy theme for your 19th birthday, a Bollywood theme will do you justice. The glittering decor, bohemian jewelry, red carpet, a photo backdrop, and Bollywood songs will bring life to the party.
Fear Factor Birthday Theme
This theme will have everyone laughing in fear and amusement with the funny photos the guests will take. You can add games and challenges to spice up the party and keep the guests engaged.
Music Festival Theme
If you enjoy music and love to go to festivals, you can also bring this to your birthday party. Set up a large screen and have a projector to show live performances of your favorite bands. Spice this up with fun lighting, funky face paints, glow sticks, and temporary metallic henna tattoos.
Bring in the flower crowns, inflatables chairs, and flashy rhinestone temporary tattoos for a fun-filled birthday party. Have a killer dance playlist featuring music from past and present Coachella headliners.
19th Birthday Decoration Ideas
I’ve shared some fun birthday decorating ideas that will transform your home quickly and easily.
Birthday Number Balloon Backdrop
Buy big birthday number balloons and add regular ones to the backdrop. Depending on the birthday party’s theme, you can add flowers and other decorations.
39 Piece Set Includes:
- Happy Birthday banner
- Rose gold fringe curtain
- Gold star banner
- 40-inch foil 19 number balloons
- 18 inch rose gold foil star x 4
- 10pcs confetti balloons
- 10pcs rose gold balloons
- 10pcs pink balloons
- 5pcs rose gold tassels pom poms
- 33 ft ribbon x 2
Fairy Lights and Balloons Decorations
Fairy lights work well with most birthday decorations, especially if you have your party late in the evening or at night. These fireworks outdoor fairy lights, together with balloons and other hanging decors, make a perfect backdrop for photos.
- 8 firework fairy lights
- Flexible starburst light wires
- 8 modes
- LED copper lights
- Battery operated with remote
- Waterproof outdoor fairy lights
Neon Happy Birthday Sign
Neon lights against a flower backdrop make a beautiful setup for the party. You can get muted neon lights for a toned-down theme or go all out and fill the setup with bright neon colors, especially for an evening party.
Bright Happy Birthday LED Sign
- Made of 12V high brightness soft LED
- Thick quality transparent acrylic base
- Easy to set up
Balloon Arch Ring Decor
The balloon arch ring has become a popular decor idea for birthdays, thanks to the versatility it provides with the colors, shapes, and sizes of balloons. The ring is a great idea if you like balloon setups for birthdays.
126 Pieces Rose Gold Birthday Balloon Garland Kit
- 40 x 12 inch rose gold balloons
- 30 x 12 inch pink balloons
- 10 x 12 inch gold balloons
- 10 x 12 inch confetti balloons
- 30 x 7 inch pink balloons
- 16 ft ballon strip
- Balloon tie tool
- 32 ft balloon ribbon
- 100pcs dot glue
Glow in the Dark Party Decor
Get glow-in-the-dark decorative pieces and set them up in your venue. You can hang some from the ceilings, on snacks tables, and around the chairs for a balanced setup.
Neon Party Set
- 25 pieces of 12 inch neon latex balloons
- A 157 inch neon light paper wreath
- 6 pieces of 16.4 ft ultraviolet black photosensitive tapes
Marble and Blush Decoration
Marble decor has been a trend, and with the right color combination, it makes a perfect backdrop for a birthday. Mix and match the colors and have hints of marble on snacks and cake to balance it all.
Grey Gold Marble Texture Round Backdrop
- 7x7ft Themed Birthday Background
- Professional polyester fabric
- Durable, soft, vivid color, lightweight
- Can be washed and reused
Outdoor Picnic Decorations
A picnic birthday in the summer is always a good plan. Find a few colors and match them together with flowers and placemats. A balloon or flower garlard can come in handy for extra styling.
Large Lace Tent
- 87 inches high, 70 inches deep, and 76 inches wide
- The teepee can fit 4 adults
- 15 pine poles
- 10 connecting pipe sleeves
- 1 portable canvas bag
- Instruction manual
Under the Stars
An under-the-stars birthday party with fairy lights and candles is a creative decor idea for a birthday. A long table with a muted setup and a few flowers will complete the look.
100 LED Star String Lights
- 100 LED 49 FT star-shaped string lights
- Solid plastic material construction
- 30V low voltage string lights
- Extendable to maximum 10 lights chains
- 8 modes
19th Birthday Photoshoot Ideas
Capturing your special day with a planned photoshoot is a wonderful way to remember your 19th birthday fondly. Depending on what you decide to do on the day, and if you have chosen a theme, you’ll find a photoshoot idea here that will inspire you.
Sunset Birthday photoshoot
Any location looks stunning at sunset. Choose your favorite spot and snap some gorgeous photos.
Birthday Balloons In Bed
Have plenty of balloons in your birthday theme color, including the number of balloons. Spread the balloons in bed and have a photo shoot. You can have a few friends join in.
Fancy robe and Balloons Photoshoot
Buy a fancy robe in your theme colors and spice up the frame with helium balloons. You can have a photoshoot of this indoors or outdoors.
You might like to read How Long Do Helium Balloons Last before planning your photoshoot.
A Group Shoot With Your Friends
Bring your friends to the shoot and take group photos for your birthday. You can have a theme with your clothes or coordinate your looks for a uniform style.
Vintage Birthday Photoshoot
Collect vintage items to match your birthday theme and bring them to the shoot. Find vintage clothes, too, and style your hair in an old-school style to complete the look.
Outdoor Picnic Photoshoot
Pack your picnic basket with treats and create a picnic setup. You can do this in the backyard or at a park nearby. This can be a great idea for a solo photoshoot or a group shoot.
Bike and Flowers Photoshoot
Pack a flower basket and fit it on your bike. Find a flower field or an outdoor garden and pose with your bikes.
A Dressy Shoot Outdoors
Get a luxurious flowy dress for a dressy shoot in the woods. Find a favorable spot between the trees where you can pose and take photos with a beautiful backdrop.
The beach at sunset makes a perfect backdrop for your photos. Wear your flowy dresses or bikinis, carry a basket of flowers, or balloons, or set up a beach picnic for beautiful photos.
Hit the streets with your friends for an epic photoshoot. If necessary, you can have a theme around your clothes and poses, but a simple plain look is enough for good photos.
A not-so-busy road in your neighborhood can be a great photoshoot idea, with the trees and street lights as a perfect addition to the background.
Photos By the River in the Woods
If you have a birthday idea in the woods, you can sneak in some photos by the river. Photos in nature always come out great and freeze all the fun times you have with your friends in the woods.
In-studio Photo Shoot
Nothing beats the good old-studio photoshoot. If you have run out of creative photoshoot ideas for your birthday, simple photos at your nearby studio will come in handy.
At-home Bathroom Photoshoot
Get creative and decorate the bathroom, wear your favorite robe, and pop champagne in the tub. Have pictures with the backdrop and invite your friends for more fun and more pictures.
19th Birthday Cake Ideas
Whether you decide to celebrate with just a few friends or throw a big party, a birthday cake is always a must. Have a look at some of our top 19th birthday cake ideas below to inspire you.
Minimalist Balloon Birthday Cake
If you prefer a more minimal cake with simple details, you can get one in plain white icing or cream and a pop of color for the decorations. This, together with a birthday number topper, and stunning confetti balloon, will match the minimalist vibe of your party.
Custom Drip Cake
The drip design for cakes is trendy and world well with buttercream cakes. It is a great idea if you have different flavors for your cake and want a simple yet unique cake design.
Marshmallows and Flowers Cake
You can bring your love for flowers and marshmallows into your cake design. You can use these as extra decor for your cake and add a happy birthday topper with the right color combinations.
Sugar Roses Cake
Sugar roses have become popular not only because of how close they resemble real flowers but also how versatile they are in combining flavors and colors. They are a great alternative to flowers and add to the aesthetic of the cake.
Marble Minimalist Cake
A simple marble design can elevate your minimalist cake design, giving it some definition while adding to the aesthetic, especially if you have a marble-themed party. A little marble on the sides and a simple cake topper will do the trick.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
Lovers of chocolates can play around with a little peanut butter for flavor and texture. A chocolate ganache or drip on the cake will crown the chocolate cake design.
Pearls and Flowers Birthday Cake
Pearls can add to the beauty of sugar flowers and cream on the cake. They come in different colors and sizes, so you can play around with the positioning for a balanced style.
Bold-Colored Birthday Cake
Most birthday cakes come in white and muted colors. While they are easy to decorate, you can go for the less-popular bold colors and make a statement with the cake, as long as it fits with the theme.
Butterflies Cake Design
Butterflies signify a lot of things for different people, the most popular one being a sign of wishes coming true. Whether you want a butterfly-themed cake for this reason or to match your butterfly decor theme, there are many options to go for.
Macarons and Cupcakes
If you are looking for a way to combine desserts and still spice up the design of your cake, adding macarons and cupcakes to the cake setup is a great idea. Matching the colors and displaying them neatly will elevate the cake setup.
Epic Candy Covered Cake
Sometimes, settling for a beautiful yet simple cake is not quite what you’re looking for, especially if you love color and want to incorporate that into your theme. You can have many types of candy layered on the cake design as long as they work well together. This, together with pearls and a bright-colored topper, will do.
Macarons and Marble: Flowers, drips, cupcakes, and toppers may not be at the top of your interests, and this is where the simple combination of macarons and marble comes in. The good thing is that you can play around with color to match your aesthetic and the theme.
Icey Birthday Cake
If you are planning an Icey birthday party and need to translate that to the cake, a white chocolate drip, together with crystals, will match the anesthetic. A plain metallic topper will add to the shine of the crystals.
19th Birthday Gift Ideas
I’ve shared some unique birthday gift ideas below that you might like. Share this post with your friends and family if they don’t know what to get you, to give them some ideas.
DIY Hangover Kit
Depending on where you live, a birthday party may end up with hangovers the day after the party, especially for the birthday boy and girl. A box with hangover fighters can be a thoughtful gift that the birthday boy or girl will use.
Luxury Gift Basket
A luxury gift basket with the birthday girl’s favorite products can be a unique and valuable gift idea. This can include body splashes, lotions, candles, and jewelry.
Luxury Gift Basket Includes:
- High-End Décor Gift Box
- .925 Sterling Silver Heart Necklace With Chain and Velvet Jewelry Pouch
- 24k Flower Rose
- Shower Gel
- Bubble Bath
- Body Lotion
- Body Scrub
- Bath Salt
- Essential Oil Diffuser,
- Reed Sticks
- Scented Soy Candle
- Shower Steamer Tablet
- Handmade Soap
- Bath Bomb
- Fuzzy Socks
Fun Birthday Gift Box
For lovers of relaxation and reflection, this ready-to-gift package has some favorites, and a few unique items such as a notebook, silky eye mask, and novelty socks. These, together with a birthday card, make a unique yet valuable birthday gift.
Gift Set Includes:
- Bath bomb
- Bath salt
- Comfy novelty socks
- Handmade sugar scrub
- Spacious makeup bag
- Silky eye mask
- Lip balm
Money Pizza Box
Surprise the birthday bor or girl with a money-filled pizza box. Add a cheeky message inside the box for an extra punch to the gift. Top the money with a bow and add a few coins; it will be the least-expected gift idea.
Birthday Money Box
When you don’t know what to get someone for their birthday, then a pull-out money box is a unique way to surprise them. This is a creative way of gifting the birthday boy or girl money without making it obvious.
Real Money Pull Out Box Includes:
- Special pop up card for message
- Money not included
- Luxury black box with transparent lid
- Red roses
- Money dispenser
Boyfriend Gift Box
It can be challenging to craft a gift for men, but this man box filled with fun and unique guy gifts will make him feel like the man he is today. Perfect birthday gift for the outdoorsman on his 19th birthday.
Man Box Gift Set Includes:
- Ferro Rod w/ Tinder Rope – fun fire starter
- Rambo Knife w/ Sheath & Mini Ferro Rod – must-have in the outdoors
- All-Natural Coffee Grit Soap – refreshing & exhilarating
- Green Double Insulated Mug w/ Lid – keeps drinks hot & cold
- Charcoal Cedar & Sandalwood Candle – earthy & relaxing
Gifts In a Jar
You do not have to DIY gifts in the usual cardboard box; you can get creative and use a big jar to pack the perfect gift. These can be candy, treats, self-care products, stationery, etc.