Christmas is truly the most wonderful time of the year as we celebrate with family.
The extra time spent with the family is even more enjoyable when there are Christmas games to play.
Family games such as Christmas movie trivia are fun for everyone and let you test each other’s movie knowledge.
Christmas movies trivia are inclusive since the whole family can enjoy most of the vacation movies meant for the holiday.
Check out how much you know about Christmas movies with this collection of questions that will encourage a little friendly competition. Free printable PDFs of all questions are available for download.
- Christmas Movie Trivia Questions And Answers
- Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer (1964)
- Harry Potter ( 2001-2011)
- Klaus (2019)
- White Christmas ( 1954)
- A Christmas Carol (2009)
- Hocus Pocus (1993)
- A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)
- The Santa Clause movie ( 1994)
- Elf (2003)
- It's A Wonderful Life (1946)
- A Christmas Story (1983)
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
- The Polar Express (2004)
- Frosty The Snowman (1969)
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989)
- Home Alone (1990)
- Grinch ( Year - 2018)
- Jingle All the Way (1996)
- Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
- Christmas Movie Trivia Printables
You might also enjoy reading:
- 🎄 Christmas Food Trivia Questions And Answers
- 🎄 Best Christmas Party Games And Activities For Teens & Tweens
- 🎄 20 Super Fun Christmas Gift Exchange Games
- 🎄 Christmas Bucket List Ideas (with Free Printable!)
Christmas Movie Trivia Questions And Answers
Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer (1964)
- Which elf wanted to be a dentist?
2. What was Rudolph’s father’s name?
3. What was the name of the coach of the Reindeer game?
4. Who is Santa’s lead reindeer in the Red-Nosed Reindeer movie?
- Donner was the lead reindeer until his son, Rudolph, took over.
Harry Potter ( 2001-2011)
- What position does Harry Potter play in Quidittichi?
2. What is the name of Neville’s toad?
3. What spell can be used for summoning objects?
4. Who is the ghost of Hufflepuff?
- The bloody barren
- The fat friar
5. How does Harry Potter breathe underwater in the second round of the Triwizard tournament?
- He does a bubblehead charm
- He eats gillyweed
- He transfigures himself into a fish
6. What curse does Harry Potter use on Draco in the bathroom in the Half-Blood Prince?
- Sectumsepra spell
- Wingardium leviosa
- Imperius curse
7. Where is the entrance of the Chamber of Secrets Located?
- Moaning Myrtles bathroom
- Filch’s office
- Hagrid’s hut
8. Which one of the following is not an unforgivable curse?
- Avada kedavra
- The Cruciactus curse
9. What piece of clothing does Harry use to free Dobby?
- A sock
- A glove
- A hat
10. What is the name of the mirror Harry discovers in “Harry Porter and the Socerers Stone”?
- The Mirror of Erised
A postman is sent to a frozen town in the north after proving himself to be the worst student at the academy. When he befriends a reclusive toymaker Klaus, their friendship and gifts melt an age-old feud and returns laughter to the town.
Watch the trailer for Klaus below:
- What is the name of the fictional town in the movie?
2. What is the name of the postman who is sent to the frozen island above the Arctic Circle?
3. He found an ally in Alva, who introduced him to Klaus. What was Alva’s job?
4. What makes the animation so special in the movie Klaus?
- The studio used CGI lighting techniques with hand-drawn animation to create a unique animation style for the story.
White Christmas ( 1954)
1. What is the name of the inn that needs to be saved?
- Columbia Inn
2. The inn was in which city?
- Pine Tree, Vermont
3. The movie takes place during which war?
- World War II
4. Who was an uncredited choreographer in the movie?
- Bob Fosse
5. In which holiday movie did Bing Crosby first sing, “White Christmas”?
- Holiday Inn (1942)
6. Who plays Bing Crosby’s Army buddy in the movie?
- Jimmy Stewart
- Dean Martin
- Danny Kaye
- Bob Hope
A Christmas Carol (2009)
In this Disney Christmas movie, Dickens’ classic novel is retold as an animated story about a Victorian-era miser who is guided by several mysterious Christmas apparitions on a journey of self-redemption.
1. In what year did Jacob Marley die?
- Jacob Marley died in 1836
2. Jacob Marley’s ghostly visit to Scrooge occurs after many years have passed since his death?
- Marley died seven years before his ghost visited Scrooge
3. What are the three Christmas ghosts that visit Scrooge?
- Ghost of Christmas Past, Ghost of Christmas Present, and Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come
4. What is the name of Bob Cratchit’s son?
- Tiny Tim
5. What is the name of Scrooge’s fiance?
Hocus Pocus (1993)
Hocus Pocus is a great American classic that follows a trio of evil witches who are inadvertently resurrected on Halloween night by a teenage boy in Salem, Massachusetts.
1. What inspired the movie?
- A bedtime story that producer David Kirschner told his daughters
2. When the sister finds Thackery spying on them, they cast a spell on him. It is his punishment to leave forever as a …?
3. The Sanderson sisters are infamous in Salem history. What are their names?
- Georgine, Ursula, and Penny
- Patricia, Laura, and Rita
- Winifred, Sara, and Mary
4. The kids think they caught the witches after they trapped and burned them; where?
- Pizza oven
- High school kiln
5. In which month was the movie released so as not to compete with “The Nightmare Before Christmas”?
6. What was the movie supposed to be called originally?
- The Halloween House
A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)
- How much did Lucy charge for a psychiatric session?
- 5 Cents
2. In what year was the movie released?
3. What composer’s work does Schroeder want to play for the Christmas party?
4. Which character answers the question of what Christmas is all about by reciting the nativity story?
- Charlie Brown
- Lucy Van Pelt
- Linus Van Pelt
- Peppermint Patty
5. What does Linus say he might have to do with his blanket as he grows up?
- Make it into a sport coat
- Donate it to a younger child
- Retire it
- Use it as a pillowcase
6. What does Lucy declare she will never eat?
- Dog food
- Lima beans
- Charlie Brown’s candies
- December snowflakes
7. Lucy sets up a booth from which she offers what services?
- Fashion advise
- Resume polishing
- Manicures and pedicures
- Psychiatric advice
8. Which Wes Anderson film’s soundtrack prominently features the song “Christmas Time is Here?”
- The Darjeerling Express
- The Royal Tenenbaums
- Bottle Rocket
🎄 You might also enjoy reading: Christmas Song Trivia Questions & Answers (with Free Printable)
9. The version of the nativity story featured in “Charlie Brown Christmas” appears in which book from the Bible?
🎄 You might also enjoy: Christmas Bible Trivia Questions & Answers
10. Which Christmas carol does the cast sing in the final scene?
- “Hark! The Harold Angels Sing”
- “It Came Upon a Midnight Clear”
- “Silent Night”
- “Away in a Manger”
11. Lucy asks Schroeder to play what song?
- “Joy to The World”
- “Silent Night”
- “Frosty The Snowman”
- “Jingle Bells”
The Santa Clause movie ( 1994)
1. What is the name of Tim Allen’s character in the movie?
- Scott Calvin
2. What is Scott Calvin’s job at the start of the movie?
- An advertising executive
3. Scott must take over Santa Claus’ role for what reason?
- Santa falls off to his death
4. Who is Bernard?
- The head elf
6. What magical object did Bernard give Charlie?
- A snow globe
1. Where does Buddy Hall’s dad work in elf?
- At the Empire State Building
2. Which one of these is not one of the four main food groups among elves?
- Candy floss
- Candy canes
- Candy corns
3. When Buddy was a baby, how did he get to the North Pole?
- He crawled into Santa’s bag of presents.
4. What causes Santa’s sleigh to crash in Central Park?
- Due to a lack of Christmas spirit, the engine fails.
5. Who plays Buddy the elf?
- Will Ferrel
6. What is Buddy Elf’s least favorite toy?
- Jack in the box
7. What flavor of pop-tarts does Buddy Elf use in his spaghetti?
- Chocolate fudge
It’s A Wonderful Life (1946)
1. What happened every time a bell rang?
- An angel gets their wings
2. What is the name of the town?
- Kingston Falls
- Bedford Falls
- Hill Valley
3. Bedford Falls has a different name in the universe where George was never born. What is it called?
4. Who’s the actor that plays George Bailey?
- James Stewart
5. What’s the name of George Bailey’s guardian angel that takes him on his journey?
- Clarence Odbody
6. Who directed the 1946 classic Christmas film It’s a Wonderful Life?
- Frank Capra
A Christmas Story (1983)
1. In what year was a Christmas story released?
2. What sort of dare can’t be refused?
- Double dog dare
- Triple dog dare
- Cross your heart dare
- Cross your eyes dare
3. What is Ralphie’s little brother’s name?
4. Ralphie feverishly decodes a secret message about which beverage?
5. A “Christmas Story” is based on fiction and essays by which writer?
- Jean Sheperd
- Kurt Vonnegut
- James Thurber
- John Steinbeck
6. Which brand of soap is the worst to have your Mom wash your mouth out with it?
7. Complete this quote heard by Ralphie when he asked for a BB gun for Christmas. “You’ll…
- Shoot your eye out
- Break someone’s window
- Kill someone with that thing
- Need some ammunition
8. In addition to Ralphie’s dad, Darren McGavin was well-known for his role in which TV series?
- Hill Street Blues
- Nigh Gallery
9. What did Ralphie want for Christmas?
- Red Ryder BB gun
10. Who ends up with his tongue stuck to a flag pole?
- Scut Farkus
11. What does Dad say Ralphie looks like modeling Aunt Clara’s Christmas gift?
- A pink nightmare
- A little angel
- A rabid rabbit
- Awad of drier lint
12. What adjective does Ralphie use to describe the bull,y Scut Farkus?
- Mealy mouthed
- Snaggle toothed
13. What do Ralphie and his family eat for Christmas dinner?
- A traditional turkey dinner
- Chinese food
- Ice cream and pie
14. According to Ralphie’s Mom, what is the name of the lone rangers nephews horse?
15. What does a panicked Ralphie accidentally tell the intimidating store, Santa Claus, that he wants for Christmas?
- A toy truck
- A football
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
1. Who wrote the Nightmare Before Christmas?
- Alfred Hitchcock
- Martin Scorcese
- Stephen Spielberg
- Tim Burton
2. Who wrote the music for the movie?
3. What is the name of Father Christmas in Halloween town?
- Sandy Claws
- Mandy Shaws
- Handy Jaws
3. Who directed Nightmare before Christmas?
- Henry Selick
4. What is the name of the Pumpkin King of Halloween Town?
- Jack Skellington
5. What is the name of Jack’s dog?
6. What are the names of the kidnapping trio?
- Lock, Shock, and Barrel
The Polar Express (2004)
1. What is the first gift of Christmas?
- A bell from Santa’s sleigh
- A horse
- A Santas cap
2. Who provided the voice-over for the conductor?
- Tom Hanks
3. What is the name of the boy on the train?
4. Finish the phrase, “Seeing is?
Frosty The Snowman (1969)
- What was Frosty’s nose made of?
- Corn cob
- Piece of coal
2. What did the children know about Frosty?
- He was a good friend
- He was a good dancer
- He came to life one day
- He was melting
3. What did the children say about Frosty?
- He could sing and dance
- He could laugh and play
- He could run and jump
- He could talk and sing
4. What was the little girl in Frosty the Snowman’s name?
5. What was the name of the rabbit in the magic hat?
6. Who was the magician wearing the magic hat?
- Professor Hinkle
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (1989)
1. When Clark and the family go to cut their own Christmas tree, what does he forget to bring?
- A saw
2. The navy blue baseball cap Clark wears represents which NFL team?
- The Chicago Bears
Do you know the answer to this tricky baseball question: How Many Stitches Are On A Baseball?
3. Who plays cousin Eddie?
- Randy Quaid
4. What does the term ‘Griswald house’ describe?
- A house overly decorated for Christmas.
Home Alone (1990)
1. Where is the McCalister family planning to spend Christmas?
2. Who plays the role of the boy left home alone?
- Macaulay Culkin
3. Which comedian plays Gus Polinski, the polka musician who helps Kate?
- John Candy
4. Why were the McCallisters running late on the morning of their trip to Paris?
- Their alarm clocks didn’t go off because of a power outage
5. What is Harry and Marv’s criminal nickname?
- The Wet Bandits
Grinch ( Year – 2018)
1. What was the most likely reason Grinch hated Christmas?
- His heart was two sizes smaller.
2. Who narrated the original 1966 TV show “How The Grinch Stole Christmas”?
- Boris Karloff
3. Why was the Grinch so nasty? Because he had a …
- Small heart
4. Does the heart of the Grinch grow when he gets feelings?
5. Who wrote the book depicted in the 2000 film How the Grinch Stole Christmas?
- Dr. Seuss
6. Is Grinch the highest-grossing Christmas movie of all time?
Jingle All the Way (1996)
1. What toy does the Dad need to get his son?
- An action figure of Turbo Man.
2. What is the name of the action figure’s sidekick?
3. The sidekick is an animal. What kind of animal is it?
- Saber-toothed tiger
4. Who is the actor who plays the lead actor in the movie?
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
5. What is the name of the mall where the movie was filmed?
- Minnesota’s Mall of America
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
1. The little girl who was skeptical about Santa Claus in the original Miracle movie was played by?
- Natalie Wood
- Audrey Hepburn
- Anne Bancroft
- Sharon Stone
2. Who plays Kris Kringle in the movie?
- Edmund Gwenn
3. Why does Kris Kringle have to fill in as Santa during Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade?
- The man who was supposed to play Santa was drunk.
4. Where does Kringle work?
5. What gift does Susan ask Kris Kringle for?
- A house.
6. In what month was Miracle on 34th Street released?
7. The movie takes place in which city?
- New York City
8. Who gets put on trial?
- Kris Kringle
Christmas Movie Trivia Printables
Download all 19 movies and 120 questions in these Christmas movie trivia printables and print them at home. See example below: