How you choose to respond when someone texts you ‘WYD’ really depends on how you feel about this person. You will respond differently if you like them, just want to be friends, or wish they’d leave you alone.
Here are some of the best funny, flirty, and witty responses to WYD for guys and girls.
- How To Respond To WYD (What Are You Doing)
- Funny Responses To What Are You Doing
- Flirty Responses To What Are You Doing
- How To Respond To WYD From A Girl
- How To Respond To WYD Text From A Guy
- How To Respond To WYD Without Being Dry
- How To Respond To WYD This Weekend
- Funny How To Respond To WYD TikTok
- How To Respond To WYD On Snapchat
❤️ You might also like to read:
How To Respond To WYD (What Are You Doing)
1. Responding To A Friend
Texting with a friend is probably easiest as you can just be yourself, and you don’t need to try too hard. Responses to WYD, when you’re in the friend zone, could include any of the following:
- “I’m (insert what you’re literally doing, e.g., the dishes, errands, watching TV, etc.).”
Tell them what you’re doing – watching Netflix, chilling, shopping, etc.
- “Checking out some memes. Here’s one, have a look.”
Keep your conversation going by sharing a funny picture. Use a meme from your collection if you know what will make them laugh. If you are unsure, try finding one that makes you laugh on Instagram or Facebook.
- “Nothing much. What’s up?
Keep it relaxed and throw the question back at them.
2. Responding To Someone You Don’t Want To Talk To
If you really don’t like the person, then you can either ignore the message or send them something that will stop the conversation and put them off.
- “I was just about to go out, bye.”
When you don’t like the person or do not feel like talking, using this abrupt answer is a good way to end the conversation. By doing this, you can quickly move on and get on with your day.
- “I’m actually kinda busy right now.”
By sending this, you show them you are unavailable or not interested in chatting.
📢 You might also like to read: How To Make A Guy Regret Ghosting You
3. Responding To A Crush
If you like the person or dating them, then you might want to be a bit flirty and try one of these:
- “I was just about to ask you the same thing.”
An effective way to turn the question back to the person is to ask them about themselves. This way, you have enough time to think of something to talk about, and it also shows that you’ve been thinking of them.
- “My pet and I are just playing around. Would you like to meet him/her?”
For a guy who loves animals, this is the perfect response. Girls appreciate guys who have pets since they demonstrate that they are caring and sensitive to their needs. This gesture will let you know if your partner doesn’t like pets, which is good information to know.
- “Trying to focus on work, but you keep running through my mind.”
It’s a flirty way of letting her know that you like her. This message is for you if you’ve already been on a date with her or if you’ve shown her you’re interested in her. You can make her feel good by letting her know that you are thinking of her even when she is not around.
- “Trying to come up with some cool ways to ask you out. I’ll let you know when I find one.”
It’s an excellent response when you want to ask your crush out or on a date. It gives that person a glimpse into your romantic intentions while letting them know you’re planning something.
- “Having a great time with some of my friends. How are you?”
Your crush will see you as a social individual by mentioning your group of friends. This will lead them to believe that you’d do well in other social situations, such as group hangouts or a date with someone. For a more meaningful conversation, you can even elaborate on what you are actually doing.
- “I’m just here thinking about you.”
It is a cute and thoughtful response that lets your crush/partner know you are thinking about them.
- “I’m watching [insert TV show/movie]. Have you ever seen it before?”
If you respond this way to a crush, it can give you some insight into their interests and show you whether you have similar tastes in television. If yes, you can discuss the show/movie. If it’s a no, you can use this opportunity to introduce them to something new or perhaps offer to watch it together.
- “I’m missing you, as usual.”
The person will appreciate this sweet response if you’re already dating them. It shows that you care about the person and are always eager to be around them.
- “I’m thinking about going out to grab something to eat. Would you like to join me?”
The tone of this response is relaxed and easy-going. This comes to good use when you randomly want to invite that person out. People don’t have much time to think about or get nervous when they receive last-minute invitations. You’ll probably get a yes to your impromptu invitation.
- “Studying for Friday’s big test. What are you doing this weekend?”
You can send this text to your crush when you’re studying, doing homework, or doing anything else you feel is challenging. By mentioning the weekend, it is a good opportunity to ask them what they’re doing. This will hopefully lead to the two of you sharing your plans and possibly hanging out.
❤️ Suggested Reading: Signs He Likes You But Is Playing It Cool
Funny Responses To What Are You Doing
- Actively waiting for my problems to go away.
- Giving my turtle a haircut.
- Turning oxygen into carbon dioxide.
- On a walk with my dinosaur.
- Shampooing the grass.
- Teaching my fish how to swim.
- Just looking for my phone…have you seen it?
- Folding the dishes.
- Giving my notebook a bath.
- Texting this really annoying person 😉
- Memorizing the whole Bee Movie.
- Just chillin’ in my freezer.
- Vacuuming my wall.
- Looking at the back of my eyelids.
- Just finished watering my pool.
- Cooking my laundry.
- My cats barking – hold up!
- Ranting to the TV guy about my problems.
- Feeding my cat deodorant.
- Watching my fridge because it isn’t running properly.
- Putting the fridge in the milk.
- Taking a pregnancy test.
- Having a party without you.
- Washing my cotton candy because I dropped it, and it’s now dirty.
Flirty Responses To What Are You Doing
- I’ve been thinking about you. How are you?
- You wouldn’t believe me if I told you.
- I’m busy, but I wouldn’t mind if you stopped by.
- If you must know, I’ve been missing you.
- I could use a hug right now.
- I think you already know.
- I couldn’t tell you even if I wanted to.
- If you really want to know, you’ll have to come and find out.
- If I told you, it would ruin the surprise.
- I was just thinking about you. Is that weird?
How To Respond To WYD From A Girl
- Thinking about how amazing you are.
- Imagining how miserable life would be without you.
- I’m wondering if you want to watch a movie with me.
- Picking out our next date spot.
- Trying to sleep, but it’s not working.
- Not much. I’m free if you’re free.
- I was hoping you would ask, what took you so long?
- Just waiting for a good offer to come in.
- You’re welcome to come around and find out!
- I was about to go and get something to eat; wanna come?
- Nothing much, we could hang out if you’re bored, too.
How To Respond To WYD Text From A Guy
- Nothing much…just chillin’ with my girls.
- Not much. What’s up with you, handsome?
- I’m just sitting here waiting for the right guy to come along and ask me out.
- Something boring. Wanna hang out?
- Wrapping up some homework. I can’t wait for the weekend!
- I’m just wrapping something up. What’s going on?
- Hanging out with my dog.
- I’m hanging out with friends; we’re just chilling. What’s up?
- I was just about to text you and ask the same thing!
- Hey handsome, I’m not up to much!
- Nothing super interesting. What’s up?
- I’m in the middle of this really good TV show (add tv show).
- Not much. What’s going on?
- Just doing some work; pretty busy, but we should hang out soon!
How To Respond To WYD Without Being Dry
To avoid being a dry texter, follow the above-mentioned responses. These suggestions can be applied to anyone with whom you’re interacting. In general, it is best to avoid one-word texts and the infamous “K.” This makes it difficult for the first person to continue the conversation because it is awkward to respond to one word.
For more tips on how to stop being a dry texter, check out these:
- Reply as soon as you can.
- Avoid using one-word replies and not asking a question back.
- Actively listen to what the person is saying and ask questions based on that.
- Be mindful of your responses and make sure that it makes sense. This will show that you are into the conversation.
- Make texting fun with GIFs and emojis. It shows your funny side.
- Send polite replies. But make sure to use applicable emojis when you’re being sarcastic on purpose because you’re trying to be funny.
- Make your crush smile with memes.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Asking questions makes the conversation deeper as you show interest.
- Show your sense of humor.
- It doesn’t hurt to send a flirty message to someone you’re already dating.
- Use applicable punctuation marks.
- Like the messages you think are interesting and important. This will make them feel you are paying attention to every word they say.
- Transition different conversations smoothly by adding anyways or on “another note.”
- Ask questions about the things they show interest in.
- Ask open-ended questions.
- Don’t act cool or like you’re bored. Try saying something engaging.
- Ask interesting and funny Would You Rather questions.
Watch the video below on how to avoid dry texting with a girl:
How To Respond To WYD This Weekend
- Are you asking me out?
- Let me check my schedule.
- I’ll have to check my calendar.
- I don’t know. Do you have anything exciting coming up?
- It’s my turn to climb Mount Laundry Pile. How about you?
- That far in advance, I have no idea!
- What is a weekend? :-p
- I’m sure I’m forgetting something on my calendar. Can I let you know tomorrow?
- I’m excited about getting caught up on hobby/household stuff/creative projects this weekend. How about you?
- My cat and I will watch movies together.
- It sounds really cool, but I have other plans.
- I’ll run errands. What’s up?
- I have no plans yet. What about you?
- All sorts, I have quite the hectic weekend planned!
- Still thinking about it. Any plans?
Funny How To Respond To WYD TikTok
WYD♬ Wyd (What You Doing) – Munchoe
- Meditating. Be quiet.
- Living my own life.
- Taking a mental hiatus.
- Working on my novel.
- Living the dream.
- Can you ask an easier question?
- Making horrible decisions. Please stop me.
- I’m doing some heavy thinking.
- Thinking of ways I can beat you.
- Sure you don’t have the wrong number?
- Minding my own business. You should try it.
- Measuring the distance between reality and expectation.
- Just answering stupid questions.
- Whatever I want.
- Definitely not what you are doing.
- Making new cells and killing the old ones.
- Trying to get some alone time.
- Can you ask a better question?
- Waiting for my problems to go away.
- Currently, I am waiting for Jeff Bezos to announce that I am his child.
- Fighting crime.
- Living in the moment.
- Burning down a library.
- I’m sure you say that to all the girls.
- Why, what did you hear?
- Did you know that octopuses are older than dinosaurs?
- There is no escape from my destiny.
- Sometimes I just find it easier to stop talking.
- The quieter you are, the more you can hear.
- Do you want a list?
- Solving the world hunger crisis.
- Trying to see things from your perspective.
- Planning the best day in the world, and if you ask again, you can’t come with me.
How To Respond To WYD On Snapchat
If you received a WYD in text messages, chances are that your friends use it only to ask what you are up to. Text is always the most common when you’re not into stickers and other features.
With Snapchat’s latest features, you can now overlay your face on several animations on Snapchat so that it appears you are doing outrageous things. As such, you may want to use this feature if you want to send a WYD in a quirky way to a friend.
In this day and age, Snapchat has stickers for every acronym, whether it be WYD or another, so their usage will be bright and quirky.
Abbreviations and Acronyms when texting
A text abbreviation is a shortened version of a word or phrase. In social media posts, abbreviations and acronyms are used to save time, avoid typing, and stay within character limits.
WYD – What (Are) You Doing?
NM – Nothing Much
NMU – Not Much, (How About) You?
NOYB – None Of Your Business
LTD – Living The Dream
LML – Living My Life
OTB – Off To Bed
OTFL – On The Floor Laughing
OMW – On My Way
SITD – Sitting In The Dark
SMH – Shaking My Head
HW – Homework
WRK – Work
MYOB – Mind Your Own Business
IDK – I Don’t Know
HBU – How About You?
BBY – Baby
WYF – Where (Are) You From?