There is nothing more fascinating than a riddle, and everyone loves to solve them.
Below are unique and thought-provoking riddles for teens that you can use for your next hangout with friends.
Riddles For Teens
Use these riddles for teenagers as ice breakers at your next party or even to keep them entertained on your next car trip.
1. I have seas but no water, towns but no people, coasts but no sand, and mountains but no land. What am I?
Answer: A map.
2. Many have heard me, but they cannot see me. I will not speak until you speak to me first. What am I?
Answer: An echo.
3. What will you find at the end of a line?
Answer: The letter E.
4. A vehicle is spelled the same from the back as from the front. What is that vehicle?
Answer: A racecar.
5. There are four people in a car. One is a 26-year old pregnant lady, another is a 28-year-old policeman, another is a 56-year-old British lady, and the last is a 67-year-old driver. Who is the youngest in the car?
Answer: The pregnant lady’s baby.
6. It has horns, but it cannot be called an ox. It comes with a packed saddle, but it cannot be called a donkey. It leaves its silver behind wherever it goes. What is it?
Answer: A snail.
7. If you have me, you will want to share me with someone else desperately. But once you share me, you will not have me any longer. Who am I?
Answer: A secret.
8. Two fathers and their two sons went hunting for ducks. Each shot a duck, but they only got three ducks in all. How?
Answer: The hunters were one man, his son, and his grandson.
9. I may have a thousand wheels, but I do not move at all. What am I?
Answer: A parking lot.
10. What do you say when you have trouble with even numbers in a math class?
Answer: I can’t even.
Hard Riddles For Teens
For older or teens more experienced with solving riddles, you might want to try some more challenging riddles. Here are some more difficult riddles to solve.
11. People walk in and out of me a lot. When they push, I follow. When they walk out on me, I close up and stay waiting for the next person. When the next person shows up, I open again. What am I?
Answer: An elevator.
12. A word in the English language does this. The first letters signify a male, the first three letters represent a female, the first four describe greatness, and the entire world means a great woman. Which word is that?
13. What can go up a chimney down but cannot go down a chimney up?
Answer: An umbrella.
14. They wave, and they can drum. You carry them with you everywhere. What are they?
15. There is an 8-letter word that can have consecutive letters taken out and remain a complete word until only one letter is left?
Answer: Starting, Staring, String, Sting, Sing, Sin, In, I.
17. A number has all its letters in alphabetical order when spelled out. Which number is that?
18. I am born in an instant, and I tell all stories. I can be lost, but I live forever. What am I?
19. What kind of room has no windows or doors?
Answer: A mushroom.
20: There was a greenhouse, and inside was a white house. Inside the white house, there was a red house. Inside the red house, there were many babies. What is it?
Answer: A watermelon.
21. You can drop me from the tallest building, but I will not be injured. But if you drop me in water, I die. What am I?
22. I am popular, and people worldwide come again and again to see me. Most spend years with me. I can make people smarter and weather. What am I?
23. There are five sisters. One is reading a book, another is cooking, another is playing chess, and another is doing laundry. What is the fifth sister doing?
Answer: She is playing chess with her sister.
24. A boy and an engineer went fishing. The boy is the engineer’s son, but the engineer is not the boy’s father. Who is the engineer?
Answer: The engineer is the mother of the boy.
Fun Riddles For Teens
Riddles for teens can be a lot of fun. Here is a pack of riddles that they will enjoy solving.
25. If you are in a race and you pass the person in second place, what place are you in?
Answer: Second place.
26. What happens four times in a teenager’s life, once in adult life and never in childhood?
Answer: The letter E.
27. If an electric train was traveling north, which way is the smoke going?
Answer: An electric train does not produce smoke.
28. I sleep during the day and often hideaway. I wake up at dawn’s light and only shine briefly. Then hide away and sleep through the day. What am I?
29. We come at night without being fetched. We leave during the day without being stolen. What are we?
30. The man was outside, and it began to rain. He didn’t have an umbrella and could not find any cover, so he got completely soaked. However, not a single hair on his head was wet from the rain. How could this be?
Answer: The man was bald.
31. It runs smooth and can hit hard or soft. It loves to fall but cannot climb. What is it?
32. Almost everyone needs it, most certainly asks for it, but almost nobody takes it. What is it?
33. If five cats can catch 5 mice in 5 minutes, how long will it take one cat to catch one mouse?
Answer: Five minutes.
34. If you walk into a room with a match, a kerosene lamp, a candle, and a fireplace, which one will you light first?
Answer: The match.
35. Which fashion item sounds like the upper part of a mobile war machine?
Can you pass the Riddle Challenge in the video below? Give it a try:
Funny Riddles For Teens
36. How can you manage to go ten days without sleep?
Answer: You get to sleep at night.
37. An uber driver is going down the street in the opposite direction. He passes five police officers, and none of them stops him. Why not?
Answer: The uber driver is walking.
38. You eat my outside and throw away my inside. What am I?
Answer: Corn on the cob.
39. What travels all over the world but is stuck in one place?
Answer: A stamp.
40. I call the trees my home, but I never go inside, and if I ever fall off the tree, I will die.
41. A cowboy rode into town on Friday; he stayed in town for three days and left town on Friday. How did that happen?
Answer: Friday was the name of the horse.
42. What is heavy when going forward but not when going backward?
43. If a yellow house is made out of yellow bricks, a blue house is made out of blue bricks and a pink house is made out of pink bricks, what is a green house made of?
Answer: A greenhouse is made of glass.
44. Which question can you never answer yes to?
Answer: Are you asleep yet?
45. It can be held without your hands or your arms. What is it?
Answer: Your breath.
46. Where will the chemistry and biology teachers sit when they go to a bar?
Answer: The periodic table.
Scavenger Hunt Riddles For Teens
These riddles for teens may come in handy at your next Scavenger hunt. These are not the hardest riddles but are great to find the next scavenger hunt item.
47. I am not wicked, but I do have a wick. I come in many sizes, from skinny to thick. What am I?
48. I may have eyes, but I cannot see. People like to make fries out of me. What am I?
49. For the movie, you will pop some corn, and when it’s ready, the buzzer will warn. What am I?
50. Looks flat, black, and boring. I sit in the living room all day in silence. Not until you turn me on do the colors flash on the display. What am I?
51. When I’m hungry, feed me some bread. When I pop bring on the spread. What am I?
Answer: A toaster.
52. I don’t go out to play; I stay home all day. I am nice, you might agree, but your feet rub me? What am I?
53. From my reflection, you will see your complexion.
54. Flour and sugar, coffee and tea. I keep these handy, but hard to see.
Answer: Kitchen canisters.
55. If you think there is an echo, a second voice can be heard. But it is not a person causing this but a bird.
56. I am almost like your favorite chair, but the seat is a little bare. There is not much there, I will admit. But you will need me when you have had too much to eat.
57. A full one puts a smile on your face, and you keep on going like it is a race. But as the contents start to diminish, you begin to think if you are ready to finish. What am I?
58. Fluttering, flying, and flitting freely. From flower to flower is where you will find me. What am I?
59. I have no doors but have keys. I have no rooms but have space. You can enter, but you cannot leave. What am I?
Answer: A keyboard
60. I am an insect. The first half of my name reveals the name of another insect. A famous group of musicians had a similar name. Who am I?
61. Keep me open, keep me closed. There is nothing I can oppose. But when the rains come, or when it gets cold, to keep me shut is what you are told. Who am I?
Halloween Riddles For Teens
Here are some tricky riddles to use at your next Halloween party.
62. When is it bad luck to see a black cat?
Answer: When you’re a mouse.
63. A man was driving in his car with his son. Both were injured in an accident. Two ambulances came from two different hospitals, one taking the man and the other taking the son. The doctor enters the operating room, looks at the boy, and says, ‘I cannot operate on this boy. He is my son.’ How come?
Answer: The doctor is the boy’s mom.
64. I have a body with a leg, an arm, and a head. But I look like I am naked and bare. What am I?
65. How do you spell candy in two letters?
66. If you see it flying around, you’d better be careful, as some turn into vampires and might give your neck a big bite. What are they?
67. The one that makes me has no use of me, the one that buys me doesn’t use me, and the one that uses me cannot see or feel me. What am I?
Answer: A coffin.
68. A mummy, a zombie, and a ghost bought a house. All the usual rooms are present except for one. Can you guess which room is missing?
Answer: The living room.
69. I am tall when I am young, and I get short when I am old. Every Halloween, I stand up inside Jack O’ Lanterns. What am I?
Answer: A candle.
70. I run from head to toe, but I am liquid. I make some people faint, and I am in every living being. What am I?
Christmas Riddles For Teens
If the kids get bored, ask them to solve these Christmas riddles for teenagers to keep them entertained.
71. What do elves learn in school?
72. Which is Santa’s fastest reindeer?
73. What do elves play Solitaire with?
Answer: Christmas cards.
74. How do reindeer learn?
Answer: They are elf-taught.
75. Which Christmas Carol is loved by your parents?
Answer: Silent Night
76. Who is never hungry on Christmas?
Answer: A turkey because it is always stuffed.
77. They chop me, decorate me all over, and I have wings on top. What am I?
Answer: Christmas tree.
78. Santa had problems with his legs, so he couldn’t walk. He went to the hospital to ask the doctor if he could recommend something to help him. What did the doctor give Santa to help him walk?
Answer: A candy cane.
79. What does the gingerbread man put on his bed instead of a blanket?
Answer: A cookie sheet.
80. What Christmas songs do fish sing?
Answer: Christmas corals.
Short Riddles For Teens
81. Which fruit is always sad?
Answer: A blueberry.
82. What is always in front of you, but you can never see?
Answer: The future.
83. What has to come up to let us go but goes down to make us stay?
Answer: An anchor.
84. What is white when it’s dirty?
Answer: A blackboard.
85. What has a bottom at the top?
86. What can fly without wings?
87. What can teach without having to talk?
Answer: A book.
88. What can run but can’t walk?
Answer: A river.
89. What has one eye but can’t see?
Answer: A needle.
90. What loses its head every morning?
Answer: A pillow.
91. What has a spine but no bones?
Answer: A book.
92. What is at end of a rainbow?
Answer: The letter W.
93. What has a face but cannot smile?
Answer: A clock.
94. What kind of coat should you put on wet?
Answer: A coat of paint.
95. What can’t be used until it’s broken?
Answer: An egg.
For longer story riddles, try to solve these brain teasers in the video below: